Recent Minutes


Minutes - 12th March 2014

Present: Veltas, rayhaan, zed0, metalgabu, hermit, murtag, olibacon, hir142
Agenda

Academic

ACTION: veltas to foward Comic Con email to animesoc and Robot.
ACTION: veltas to look up IPSC date

Gaming

-Phil said he’d cover gaming this weekend
ACTION: metalgabu to buy PS controllers (and battery?) needed
-Murtag will 'hack the Wii’ to play some silly game
ACTION: rayhaan to buy Oculus Rift
-Need to ask about how DCS disposes electronics to get rid of our borked TV

Tech

ACTION: rayhaan to set up publicity officer
ACTION: rayhaan to check for SMTP server
ACTION: rayhaan to follow up with Roger about cluster situation
ACTION: rayhaan to prevent the 1000 emails to the tech mailing list every day

Social

-Robot to organise Go Kart trip for next term Week 9
-We shall reconsider a trip (to Legoland or whatever) Term 3

Publicity

-Hermit has thought about a strategy for getting more people aware of the society, will plan further after exams.

Miscellaneous

ACTION: veltas to email DCS about clothing order delivery

Action overflow:

All Exec

murtag

-contact gaming cafe, ask prices, invite to exec meeting

veltas

rayhaan

-O’Reilly user groups

marmite

robot

mcnutty

maddy

-get new gaming keys cut

details

Minutes - 5th March 2014

Agenda
Present: veltas, murtag, ruth, rayhaan, robot, marmite, crumpet, mcnutty, phil, oli, hermit

Academic

Gaming

Tech

Socials

Misc

-Reimbursement requests
-Exec contact sheet

Action overflow:

All Exec

murtag

-contact gaming cafe, ask prices, invite to exec meeting

veltas

rayhaan

-O’Reilly user groups

marmite

robot

mcnutty

maddy

-get new gaming keys cut

details

Minutes - 26th February 2014

Agenda
Present: veltas, murtag, ruth, rayhaan, zed0, robot, marmite, crumpet, mcnutty, phil, oli

Academic

Gaming

-Oculus Rift

Tech

Socials

Misc

-Lan rota and trolley

Action overflow:

All Exec

-Fill out LAN rota
-Sign up for handover meal

murtag

-contact gaming cafe, ask prices, invite to exec meeting

veltas

rayhaan

-book trolley
-O’Reilly user groups

marmite

robot

-update website contact page

mcnutty

maddy

-get new gaming keys cut

details

Minutes - 19th February 2014

Agenda
Present: veltas, murtag, maddy, hir, ruth, rayhaan, zed0, robot, marmite, crumpet

Academic

Gaming

-Game design testing at gaming nights

Tech

-Reducing email spam

Socials

Misc

Action overflow:

All Exec

murtag

-contact gaming cafe, ask prices, invite to exec meeting

veltas

rayhaan

-to ask (Fyorl) if anime still use mailman and remove from them if not.

marmite

-email society about Smash Tournament

robot

-to put pub on website
-update website contact page

mcnutty

-fill in record sheet

maddy

-get new gaming keys cut

details

Minutes - 12th February 2014

Agenda
Present: veltas, murtag, alice, maddy, hir, ruth, rayhaan, zed0, robot, marmite, phil

Academic

-Candle talk

Gaming

-Replacing Gamecube controllers
-Buying new games from survey
-Smash tournament
-Gaming officers
-New gaming events
-Gaming cafe

Tech

-New exec receiving emails for positions

Socials

Misc

-Society record sheet
-Publicity Officer election date/time
-Pub event on website.
-Risk Assessment

Action overflow:

All Exec

murtag

-buy gamecube controllers and surveyed games
-contact gaming cafe, ask prices, invite to exec meeting

agga

-to ask (Fyorl) if anime still use mailman and remove from them if not.

veltas

rayhaan

-Accounce candle talk in CompSci lectures
-add new exec to mailing for their society position

marmite

-book room for Publicity Officer election – wed wk9 1pm
-email society about Smash Tournament

robot

-to book Cosmo for handover meal
-to plan Lego film social
-to put pub on website
-update website contact page

mcnutty

-fill in record sheet

maddy

-get new gaming keys cut
-run democratic dating sim friday?

details

Minutes - 7th February 2014

Agenda
Present: veltas, maddy, rayhaan, marmite, mcnutty, robot, ruth, hir, zed0, agga, murtag

Academic

-Bletchley trip transport
-Clothing order and email

Gaming

-Contact potential Gaming Officers.
-Check DOTA fixed.

Tech

-TV purchase.
-Discuss cluster.
-Website exec status.

Socials

-Handover meal at Cosmo.
-Lego film social.
-Pub event on website.

Misc

-No budget to be produced for SU as nothing asked in return.
-Robot determined to be Health and Safety Officer.
-Maddy determined to be Equal Opportunities Officer.

Action overflow:

All Exec

-to update website Contact page.

ruth

-to ask dept. about room for Candle talk.

murtag

-to get prizes from vista print.

olibacon

agga

-to ask (Fyorl) if anime still use mailman and remove from them if not.
-agga and rayhaan to talk to Roger about storing servers.

hir

veltas

-to look up travel stuff.
-to do clothing order.
-to cancel booked room (for Candle talk).

rayhaan

-agga and rayhaan to talk to Roger about storing servers. – buy TV (for Wii U)

marmite

-get, fill out and return Exec Transfer form to SUHQ
-book room for Publicity Officer election

robot

-to book Cosmo for handover meal
-to plan Lego film social
-to put pub on website

details

Minutes - 31st January 2014

Agenda
Present: veltas, crumpet, agga, rayhaan, ruth, hir, zed0, mcnutty

Academic

-Candle talk will be wednesday week 7.
ACTION: ruth to ask dept. about room for Candle talk
ACTION: veltas to cancel booked room

Gaming

-murtag: needs to ask about big screen
-People who turn up for setup should go to DCS
-Zero Space competition or Samurai Gunn for DCS

Tech

-agga: asked Roger about storing servers, he wants to know some details about how we’ll use the space
ACTION: agga and rayhaan to talk to Roger about storing servers.

Socials

- mcnutty mentions https://zombiexperience.co.uk/ as possible future thing – Pop was good
ACTION: hir to sort out real ale festival and crash

Misc

ACTION: next secretary to bring biscuits to first meeting (and others) – To sell AGM at LAN

Action overflow:

All Exec

-to check event page for AGM.

ruth

-to ask dept. about room for Candle talk.

murtag

-to do inventory of games.
-to get prizes from vista print.
-to buy TV online (for Wii U).

veltas

-to look up travel stuff.
-to do clothing order.
-to cancel booked room (for Candle talk).

olibacon

agga

-to ask (Fyorl) if anime still use mailman and remove from them if not.
-agga and rayhaan to talk to Roger about storing servers.

hir

-to put pub on website.
-to book Cosmo for exec takeover meal, for some time after the AGM.
-to sort out real ale festival and crash.

rayhaan

-agga and rayhaan to talk to Roger about storing servers.

details

Minutes - 24th January 2014

Agenda
Present: veltas, zed0, rayhaan, hir, ruth, oli, murtag, Gazok

Academic

-Put rayhaan’s talk in newsletter
-Candle’s talk still being organised, ruth will poke Candle

Gaming

-murtag: We’re going to do samurai gun tonight
-murtag: Probably doing some minecraft events at LAN
-murtag: zero space

Tech

-agga: have received an email from warwick fencing soc saying their website isn’t working, had some permission issues
ACTION: agga to fix that

Socials

ACTION: hir to book Cosmo for exec takeover meal, for some time after the AGM
-Pop’s happening next week, wednesday

Misc

ACTION: all exec to check event page for AGM
-Will forward game making request email to WGD
-Meetings will now be at 1pm on Friday

details

Minutes - 17th January 2014

Agenda
Present: veltas, ruth, hir, murtag, zed0, oli, agga

Academic

-ruth: candle’s talk to do

Gaming

-murtag: need a new TV for Wii U
ACTION: murtag to buy TV online
-murtag: game design pub yesterday suggested competition of making 2-player games and we hold tournament
-Seems legit
-zed0 to fix bot in IRC for warcraft3

Tech

-Mailman replacement should be investigated
-Unused mailman lists should be removed even if mailman isn’t being replaced
-More exec need the mailman moderator password
-Should give Rayhaan and David Truby access to add packages to dcs-get as they are fairly active
ACTION: zed0 to give access to rayhaan and truby
ACTION: agga to give passwords on IRC to murtag, veltas, hir
ACTION: agga to ask fyorl about anime’s mailman usage re other action

Socials

-Pop happening with animesoc
-agga: circling with animesoc week 4 wed (90s theme)

Misc

ACTION: exec to update doodle

details

Minutes - 10th January 2014

Agenda
Present: veltas, murtag, olibacon, ruth, rayhaan

Academic

-ruth: talk from BBC arranged with Candle looking like week 7, still in the works
-rayhaan to do a talk week 4
ACTION: veltas to book room for rayhaan’s talk week 4
ACTION: ruth to put programming workshop on website
-veltas: should be able to arrange computing museum trip for week 6 (if not week 3)

Social

ACTION: hir to put pub on website
ACTION: oli and murtag to sort out pop with animesoc

Gaming

-We decided against hiding the future events when we add them in bulk.
-murtag: will think of a tournament for tomorrow
-murtag: do guest accounts work?

Tech

-Well do they? Do guest accounts work? To follow-up next week
-Stopped warnings that had taken up ~16GB in /var from one of the websites using us as a host

Miscellaneous

ACTION: veltas to mention AGM, positions, requirements in newsletter
ACTION: veltas to check SU website about whether we need to do something special to make a new exec position
ACTION: veltas to sort out clothes order
ACTION: veltas to make doodle to figure out time for next exec meeting

details

more