In attendance: Everyone is Here!
- Semmle is no longer an independent company, may be retiring the name, and as such not sponsoring us, probably
- LSEG failing to communicate
- Moved talk to Wednesday 6th November
- 49 signups for lan so far, mostly freshers!
- e-sports to advertise
- advertise at Gaming
- We need a new hoover, lets buy a new hoover
- John to buy a hoover, as the resident hoover expert
- possibly diefy the hoover during LAN
- cordless hoover? If budget allows
- Coach's Bizarre Adventure
- Need to communicate w/ Coach about LAN prep
- David B. to chase him
- Inquire about tournaments
- current plans:
- rocket league (saturday),
- league of legends (sunday),
- csgo (possibly friday?),
- overwatch never lul
- Events planning packs are gone! [crab]
- No Music Server for this one. :(
- further discussion at next meeting, decision must be made
- Exec to fill out exec rota
- Went well!
- Decent turn-out
- Steam issues, not our problem
- Thomas Was Alone dependencies may circumvent Steam issues!
- Toby done some cleaning up of 'old junk'
- cleanup -> start dcs-get -> start gaming-get
- this is run in alphabetical order for some reason
- to implement:
- vive signup list
- a sort button (alphabetical, most popular, ect.)
- should collect statistics on what games are downloaded
- no gdpr issues due to complete lack of identifying information
- David B. has done research
- Index probably the best option
- more expensive by like £100
- not wireless compatible for now
- not much of an issue for the exec
- grip controls are fancy
- Big O PC will require no upgrades, but will probably be updated soon
- ~£920 price point overall
- Exec in unanimous agreement
- use SU credit card?
- required to be delivered to the SU, may mean not available in time for next Gaming
- Toby or Sam to liase with the SU
- Not much change in plans
- chemsoc has shared boardgames
- acquire giant jenga for LAN?
Special Guest, Lloyd from Anime Soc:
- laserquest is happening, liasing with Scott
- Toby to acquire a liscence
- Amelie to also acquire one too
- No hard and fast plans, possibly term 2
- Wednesday 9th October for Git Talk
- Sam and Dan to discuss
- Provisional talk for week 4
- LSEG week 6
- Alex Dixon week 8
- Week 10 TBD
- G-Research coding challenge on 28th october
- minihack 18th of November
- lets do one!
- not yet though. couple weeks from now
- Ryan, resident clothes expert, to handle
The bloody cupboard:
- Sam still liasing about that god why are warwicktech taking so long
- Went well
- projector found! wasn't lost to begin with. marrow soc to borrow
- Year 2000 meeting notes
- Ryan to consider digitising old meeting notes
- what *is* the bitchtank?
- Rigid Ink not accepted by new MMU
- to be donated to Alex Dixon
- Silver filament to be tested
- Need to aquire filament (MMU can handle 5 at once!)
- probably black, white, red, blue, green
- acquire a number of sample filaments
- light grey for painting on
- printing a goose
- MASS PRODUCTION??????
- David R. to add utilities to Apollo relating to the 3d printer
- database of filaments
- estimation of filament use, and cost (NOT A QUOTATION)
- Need to find a home for it other than David R.'s house
- Sam to track down sony tv remote with IT Services
"Bagged ones are better suction" - John
"COMPSOC ON TOOOOUR" - David R.