- Present :: Sam, Dan, Amelie, Toby, David I, David II,
- Absent :: Rob, Ryan
- WASD happened! It went reasonably well, we raised £1160 for charity, and SpecialEffect have us their thanks.
- The SU doesn't seem to care. It's RAG week this week, and they don't seem to have provided any instruction on how to report fundraising.
- This doesn't ultimately matter, but it would be nice to receive some sort of official support, help, and guidance for this event or for the future.
- What went well?
- Stream/Visuals were praised.
- Sense of community was enjoyed by external runners, they commented that they felt welcomed and that was wonderful to hear.
- The welcome pack was useful for externals.
- What can we do better?
- Donation link on the video.
- Better runner/couch audio - maybe use dedicated headsets?
- More info for people to come to the event (we forgot to put where LIB2 was). Might be somewhere else next year anyway, but point still stands.
- Use a donation tracker.
- Have the runners sit in front of something. Green screen, maybe?
- Room cam?
- Something to do in the room other than the stream (consoles were there but no one used them).
- Need to revise seating plan to reserve space for console zone.
- We are bringing consoles/Vive again.
- I'd like it on record that I'm very disappointed with one of David's puns. It's not worth repeating here.
- We've got duct tape and stuff, so we don't need more for now.
- The wireless headset roughly holds about 8 hours of charge. Just worth bearing in mind.
- We're considering making it 7 WHOLE DAYS LONG.
- David II may die if he tries to pro this.
- From the previous Saturday, until Week 10 Friday. We can only get LIB2 on those two extra days.
- Obviously there is an increased logistical complication, but that's fine.
- Especially not too bad as the old exec tend to share some of the responsibilities here.
- We really need to talk about how we implement this in software (for warwick.gg).
- Several solutions were considered, not worth copying here. Discussion for a future time, really.
- We need to deal with the small problems of seat-wasters.
- We're going to run it as a joint event with eSports again.
- Sam has announced this, it's Friday Week 7.
- Sam will send out a new email with role descriptions soon.
- We're not changing our name. That plan was silly.
- We *do* need to refocus on how we publicise, which is the frustration that the name change idea was borne out of.
- Do we want to appoint academic officers?
- It is worth noting that we can have at most 2 academic and gaming officers combined, as per SU rules.
- Might be worth combining gaming and academic officer? Event Assistant?
- We do have a constitution. It does not allow us to form a well-trained militia. It's located on David I's laptop, and in the SU.
- David I and Sam are going to prepare materials for the AGM.
- We're not changing our name, so we can get new banners. Fancy banners. Ooooh.
- We have two different audiences that we advertise to. The university as a whole, who will only probably care about Gaming (in the main). Academic events should be pretty much exclusively advertised within DCS.
- Really need to push on many fronts here - Student cinema, piazza, leaflets/flyers.
- Warwick Print seem fast. Like, super fast. We got our flyers in under 12 hours, under 2 working hours. Kind of incredible. Need to avoid rush times but should be fine if we bear this in mind.
- Redesign the flyer?
- Need to put together student cinema advertising.
- Need to work on our image. Best done at the start of the year.
- Clothing order. Yes. Open soon. Have it close after the AGM. Order for over Easter.
- David II is making a WASD highlights video.
- Plans for The Room are being there for 9:30pm, telling people to meet us at 9:45pm.
Sam (to Dan) - "You should never, ever, wear a baseball cap again."
Amelie - "We can afford about £2200 worth of pizza."
Sam - "I need a fancy word for a space ... zone! How about zone?"
David II - "I spoke to Rob about [the SSL certificate]. He said 'Oh yeah that's a thing' and then never spoke about it again."
Amelie - "We're a bunch of guys sitting in a room playing video games. But not in a good way."
Dan - "I'm not a skateboard."
Amelie - "I poked around with some freshers."
Amelie - "Ah! My boob!"
Everyone - Do the LAN rota.
Dan - Post about LAN again.
Everyone - Send your role descriptions to Sam.
Sam - Send AGM follow-up email.
Sam - Do Deutsche Bank ROI report.
Sam - Check free society status with the SU.
David I, Sam - Prepare document of AGM points of order.
Sam - Contact that guy who hasn't picked up his shirt yet.
Sam - Look into SU requirement requiring inventory.
Amelie - Book end of term meal.